It’s my birfdayyyy! Hard to believe I’m 29 today. Most days I still feel right about 23. Ben likes to remind me all the time that I’m about to be 30 because he thinks it scares me. 😛 (Ok, maybe the number does a little…. 😛 ) BUT seriously life is so great, and just keeps getting better, and I have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to in life (growing closer to Jesus, getting to know my hubby even better, traveling,growing my business and my blog, starting a family #moxiebabiesonfleek 😛 ) I just really want to thank all of YOU for following along in this journey with me. I have so much fun sharing my style posts and my life and my heart with you all. And I’m so blessed that you keep following along! So THANK YOU so much!
For my birthday, since I’m turning 29, I thought it would be fun to share 29 things about me with you so you can get to know me a little better!
So here goes:
1. I love JESUS with all my heart.
2. I’ve run four marathons, including the Boston marathon.
3. I’ve seen every episode of “Friends” at least three times.
4. I hate eggs. Like with a passion. I think I ate too many as a child.
5. I paint my nails obsessively. And always as I’m running out the door. (Not the best idea, especially when your hubby tries to grab your hand to hold it. 😛 )
6. I have been a hairstylist for 10 years and LOVE my job.
7. I have a degree in Spanish.
8. I LOVE 90’s hip hop.
9. But I love country music more. Turn on the radio and I can 95% guarantee you I can sing whatever song is playing.
10. I can’t keep any plants alive. Like ever. Waiting on my house plant to die. But Steve is holding on. Maybe there’s hope for once.
11.I was homeschooled my ENTIRE life up until Cosmetology School and college.
12. “I like hugs. I like kisses. But what I love is help with the dishes.” I have that sign hanging in my kitchen, and there’s nothing truer.
13. I don’t really like flying in airplanes. I love traveling, but the getting there, ehhhh. Every time there’s turbulence I think of every movie I’ve ever seen with a plane crash. And then pray like crazy.
14. I am clean, but not always the most organized.
15. I am generally five minutes late every single dang place I go. For no good reason either. Except that five minutes doesn’t make a difference. That’s the only reason I can come up with.
16. I have never spent more than $100 on a regular day to day wear article of clothing.
17. I love to cook healthy food, and almost always eat at home unless it’s date night or I’m going out with friends.
18. I “lose” my keys several times a week.
19. I absolutely love to help people. If you texted me with a problem, whether it was that you needed help finding an outfit or needed help with your homework, I’d figure it out for you.
20. I do hair for weddings in addtition to working in the salon, and absolutely love that I get to be part of people’s special days!
21. The first concert I ever went to was Amy Grant. My cousin and I wore matching sunflower dresses my mom made for us. 😛
22. I can’t seem to finish decorating my house.
23. I play the piano.
24. I once made a profile on eHarmony before I met my hubby, but when I found out you had to pay for it, I said #byefelicia
25. Dresses are probably my favorite thing to buy and wear.
26. My hubby is four years younger than me. Hence why he likes to tease me about turning 30.
27. My family had weird animals when we were growing up, snakes, iguanas, frogs, mice, rabbits, cockatiels and a koi pond.
28. I met one of my best friends on the internet.
29. I didn’t have a TV in my home growing up until I was 15, and even then it was for school purposes only. So now I rarely watch TV because it was never a habit. I blog instead. 😛
Hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you’re my next internet bestie because we have so much in common. 😛 I’m not sure what’s on the agenda for today but Ben is home so we’ll be doing something fun to celebrate. We already had such a fun weekend going out line dancing on Friday and then to see Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney on Saturday night. And Sunday we spent like seven hours cleaning so we could just relax today. Our house needed a little TLC. 😛 Then my blogger bestie, Alena, is coming out to visit me on Tuesday, and I can’t wait to see her!
Thanks as always for coming by! And thank you again for helping me to reach 10K on my Instagram. You all are the best!